While this hasn’t been exclusively a pet blog, I have featured some posts including my best pal, Bailey and we are going to be doing a lot of travel together this year, so I’ll be writing a lot about dog-friendly hotels, campgrounds, hikes…and kennels for a few spots that aren’t so dog-friendly, like National Parks! When I found out about the pet blogger challenge, I thought it was a good way to learn more about the pet blogging community and explore a new genre for my own blog!
- When did you start your blog and, for anyone who is just seeing it for first time, please provide a description of your site. Would you say your blog focuses more on sharing stories with your readers, or providing a resource for your audience?
- I started a blog about two years ago as friends and family encouraged me to write about my travels. Even though I’m employed full-time in an office job, I manage to take some pretty interesting trips each year and last year I cashed in 30 vacation days over the course of the year. I enjoy adventure travel – hiking, backpacking, kayaking, but usually with a nice hotel and spa day thrown in at the end. Whenever possible, I’m traveling with my rescued Airedale Terrier, Bailey.
- What was your proudest blogging moment of 2016?
- Seeing other travel bloggers visit my site and comment on my posts lets me know that people are actually reading!
- Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why?
- The post wrapping up two weeks in Asia – this was my biggest trip of the year, and by far the most adventurous solo trip I’d taken to date, so reliving it while writing about it was fun.
- Year after year, one goal that we all seem to share is that we want to reach more people. What one tool did you use or action did you take this year that had the most impact on increasing traffic to your blog?
- I’m still very new at this, but remembering to use Social Media to drive people to my blog, as well as getting others to share my posts, such as hotels I’ve featured.
- Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Have you noticed any themes across your most popular posts?
- My post about my favorite hotels got the most traffic this year. Blog-wise, my most popular posts have been those where I can get some social sharing and in this instance, the hotels I featured also shared my post and helped drive traffic.
- What blog do you find most inspirational and how has it influenced your blog?
- One of my favorite blogs is Ottsworld, she is a full time traveler/blogger/photographer and living what seems to be a dream life, but also paints a very realistic picture about her life – the good and the bad!
- What is one thing your readers don’t know about you or your pets that would surprise them?
- Bailey is a therapy animal and we visit a group home in Chicago about twice a month!
- What would you like to accomplish on your blog in 2017?
- I would like to increase traffic and start to explore options to generate income, either through affiliate links or sponsored posts.
- Now it’s your turn! You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there a question you’d like answered, or an aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
- What was the pivotal moment for you in blogging?
Check out other pet-friendly blogs here!