Here are some of the products I find incredibly useful for travel. Feel free to add to the list in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Buying through these links will not cost you extra, but I will earn a small commission to keep this site running.
- Eagle Creek Packing Cubes: Set of 3. These packing cubes keep your suitcase/duffel/backpack super organized! I use the large one for clothing, medium one for undergarments/accessories and the smallest for toiletries. The fabric is super lightweight, so these are even suitable for backpacking.
- Carry-On Suitcase – I mostly do carry-on only these days, unless I’m on an adventure that requires a duffel bag.
- Kindle – I was a long-time e-reader holdout – I love my books. But when I filled half a suitcase with paperbacks for a beach vacation, I knew it was time to reconsider.
- LifeStraw water bottle. This bottle is super handy in countries where the water is sketch, and also reduces waste, which I love! So far, I’ve used it in Thailand, Cambodia, Mexico and Panama with no issues. It’s a bit heavy for backpacking , but would make a good backup water system for backcountry trips as well.
I use a Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera. My former company was a Nikon distributor, so I got a great deal on a starter kit plus a couple of lenses. It’s probably about time to upgrade…
- Nikon D3000 Camera Body w/ 18-55mm lens
- Prime Lens – the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G is a great travel lens! I love playing with depth of field and this lens does it well.
- Zoom Lens – I use the Nikon 70-300mm for wildlife photography. With zoom, you want the biggest lens you can afford. This was the upper range of my budge and it’s worked well, but a 400 or 500 would be even better! (Although heavier, too!)
- Mountainsmith Kit Cube – I love this padded cube for carrying my camera gear. It fits inside of whatever backpack or messenger bag I prefer to carry.
- Slik Tripod – this is a great option for a beginner tripod. I’ve had mine for several years and it’s served me well. Lightweight, but tough enough for all of my adventures!